Monday, July 4, 2011

Skywalk

Last Thursday Rick and I rented a car (a red Mustang convertible was all they had) and drove to Hoover Dam and the West Rim of the Grand Canyon from Vegas. Pictured above is the Skywalk, which is a mere 4,000 ft. above the Colorado River below. They don't let you take any personal belongings with you - not even cameras - and you are also required to wear shoe covers so as not to damage or smudge the glass floor. I admit I was a little nervous, but my oh my what a view. You can see for miles and miles and there is nothing quite like standing above and in and around something so magnificent. Talk about feeling small, folks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so so glad you went out there! So very high on my "to-see" list.

Sarah said...

I highly recommend it! It was pretty wild :)